The 2008 Team

The 2008 Team

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Tom: God bless the children!


My whole purpose for coming has been being responsive to God's call. But in addition to that has been my lifelong concern for children. When many of my fellow team member have been praying for the Japanese people in general, my prayers have been directed specifically toward children and young people. I believe that Japan's spiritual future revolves around the children and young people. The adult hearts are so harden to the Gospel or anything other than what they believe, like the huge stones which decorate the shrines and temples. On prayer walks my teammates are praying for the Japanese and against the demonic gods and shrines that they worship, I focus on the children asking God to plant a seed of Jesus' love in the their still soft unhardened hearts.
Today, we had our first our first VBS session. What a joy! The kids were so excited, although somewhat apprehensive because it was so new to some of them. One fearful little girl named Mao just stood there during the singing and didn't participate until she made a friend of a little girl named Miwa. Miwa was so excited about everything. From the very beginning she beamed like she was having the time of her life. She took Mao under her wing and by the time VBS was over she was smiling and jumping to the song. See Picture: Mao is third from the left and Miwa is just below her.
(I know it's not a contest but we had 24 children today)
Disclaimer: This Heather's blog page. For some reason my blob page is all in Japanese.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what marvelous news! i love all the reports you are giving! may God continue to infuse you all with His energy, power, might and wisdom!
celia