The 2008 Team

The 2008 Team

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Bob - Lyanne tastes good



Well, the mosquitos are out and Lyanne is trying to break the record for most bites. Right now she has 32 and counting. I feel sorry for her, some are even starting to blister. I can't complain about my 3 but I do.

Today was our second day of VBS and we have about 20 kids attending. I'm having a great time sheperding 6 kids ages around 12 years old, 5 girls one boy. I feel like I'm starting to connect with some of them, especially the boy Kenko. Although they are not as energetic as the younger kids (preteens you know) they are nice to me.

We also went to a nursing home today in the afternoon. We sang Japanese songs, Ev told a bible story of the blind beggard and about the bridge, how we are on one side and God on the other and Jesus is the bridge. Matt also played a piano tune. It was all very touching. It's so sad to see the old Japanese people and how they haven't yet experienced the eternal life that Jesus offers. The picture below or above is us singing at the nursing home.

No comments: