The 2008 Team

The 2008 Team

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Lyanne: First Blog!

Okay, so I'm a little late in contributing to our team's blog but here it is. Japan seems to be everything and nothing that I thought it would be. The massive amount of people, I was prepared for. Actually being one of those people in a crowded train on the other hand, I was not prepared for. It still amazes me that in SOOOO many numbers of people, very few believe. Tonight we went and saw fireworks after our outing to Yokohama. I must say that Japanese fireworks are 10x better than American fireworks. They were much more exciting and creative. I think I saw a cat, a fish, a hat, a plane, a happy face, a star, a heart and then all those other circular ones. When you looked away from the fireworks though and faced the crowd, you could see it stretched...far. For some reason I think it's hilarious that people get super excited when they see the sky light up. All the ooo's and ahh's (I'll admit that I am one of those). Anyways, someone else needs the computer now so I think I'll wrap it up. =D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

missing you and everyone else, lyanne! the fireworks sounded like FUN! missed you when we had communion service this morning. it's about 6:15am monday morning there as i write this. ohayo gozaimasu! okite kudasai!

~celia

erika yenokida said...

HI Lyanne! We miss you!!!!!!!!!!
I'm glad you decided to use the paragraph form I suggested for your blog. ;) Many more posts please.
erika