The 2008 Team

The 2008 Team

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Bob: Sunday a day of worship

We went to two churches today. The first was Yokosuka Grace Bible Church. The church (in a upstairs room of a building near where we are staying) had about 30 people (including the 9 of us). The church pastor has been on a 15 year mission in Japan. A cross section of people between caucasian and Japanese so the service was in both english and japanese. Enjoyed the music and the message which was about praying (which applied to me later).

The second church we went to is the one runned by Koichi and Shirley Tamura, the folks we are down here to support. There church is in a community center and have about 20 people attending which from what I understand is a typical size for Japan. Yesterday, I mentioned in my blog that God has asked me to do something that I was not comfortable with. Koichi had asked me about my faith story and thought it would be good for the Japanese people (especially the men) to hear it since, I guess I'm Japanese and came to Christ so late in life. So he asked if I would give it during the service. Since speaking in front of people is something I hate to do there was some hesitation (misspell?). But after thinking about it, maybe the reason I'm here is because God wants me to do this. After all doesn't he use our weaknesses to perform his will? So I agreed and thanks to the prayer of the our team and Koichi and Shirley I felt pretty relaxed doing it. My prayer was answered! Hopefully my faith story will touch someones heart. The picture below is my view from podium to the audience.
Finally, I'll get off so other people can get on, is a quick video or actually sound of the cicadadas up in the trees outside the community center. I guess they live 7 weeks underground, come out for one week, mate, and then die. They are in full force this time of the year. Listen to the video for how loud they are up in the trees.
God Bless


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you must have said something really funny, bob! look at ev laughing! you have to tell us what you said (or did!) :D

we want to hear the cicadas! whenever i hear them it reminds me of japan in summer.

celia

sheri said...

Bob, I too was wondering what was so funny ! God loves laughter ! it appears from the looks of everyone in the audience they were enjoying how God was leading you to share your faith story. May He continue to work in their hearts..Thanks for stepping out in faith and sharing.. I know it's not always an easy thing to do..

Sheri