The 2008 Team

The 2008 Team

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Susan - Last day of VBS

I can't believe VBS came and went so fast. I had the youngest group, 6 boys and 1 girl ages 4 through 7. From left to right are: Kosei (7), Teru (7), Yusuke (5), Masanori (5), Takaomi (5), Akane (7), and Daiki (4). Many of the children make the peace sign whenever we take their pictures. Akane, the only girl in my group came only on Monday and Tuesday, but I was glad that she came. Kosei was the first one to sign up for VBS and he was so excited that he could hardly sit still for the program especially during story time. I thought he wasn't paying attention to the stories, but when Mei-ling or Ev asked questions about the stories, he was able to answer it. I was pleasantly surprised by his responses. This year we had the kids look up the verses in the bible and some of them have actually read from the bible before.
My group of kids were the loudest, especially when they're memorizing the verses, they're actually competing with each other to see who can say the memory verse the loudest in english.

On the last day of VBS, the Shepards (Mr. Bob, Janis and myself) gave an invitation after story time to our group. I told them if they wanted to be in God's family and have Jesus Christ as their friend forever all they had to do was repeat after me silently in their hearts the salvation prayer. I told them that if they had said the prayer to make sure to tell someone. In Japan, people don't tell others whether they are Christians even if they been coming to church for a long time, unless they are baptized. I know that a seed has been planted in the children that came to VBS, and some day that seed will grow and reproduce.

Thanks so much for all of your prayers - Susan

No comments: