The 2008 Team

The 2008 Team

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Shirley: Angels are Rejoicing!

I just found out that one of our NBF ladies was baptized the morning of August 10! Yuko and Yusuke's mom was dunked in a river after sharing her faith story with friends from the Pearl Vineyard church, a new church plant in Gunmyoji. Her Christian friends, the Okita's (Kana's parents) and Kaz and Andrea Ito, the leaders at Pearl Vineyard, supported her decision to be baptized and found a way for her to do it. I am shocked speechless, but happily so! Please rejoice with me over her brave and wonderful decision to identify herself with Christ and to publicly proclaim to be one of His disciples.

"'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.' I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent." Luke 15:8

No comments: