The 2008 Team

The 2008 Team

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Lyanne: Almost Time to Sleep

Today was our Third day of VBS! I think it went well. It seems to be almost too hot outside to play any games. So Matt and I basically let them do whatever they wanted. (Mainly baseball and catching Cicadas.) I believe these kids are very perceptive and beginning to understand the things God is teaching them. =) Yay! I shared my testimony today for the parents of the children and some of the older girls as well. That was an interesting experience because I had to pause a lot to let Kohichi translate. Sometimes I forgot what I previously said. =P Yesterday we went to the Nursing home. It reminded me a lot of Keiro where my grandmother had stayed. It made me sad and miss her terribly. My bites are getting better, but they still make my legs look like they're diseased. Thank you so much for praying for me! Anyways, everyone is going to sleep now so Good Night!

BTW: I saw that one of the toilets had a button for making a flushing sound. HAHA. I just thought it was really funny! =D

2 comments:

trenton yenokida said...

Sharing your testimony...I know it was a blessing to everyone. God is using you in an amazing way. Thank you for responding to and following God on this trip. Continuing to pray for your bites(that sounds funny, but I feel your pain)

In Christ,
Trenton

Anonymous said...

ahhh the bites sound horrible i'm sorry!
but I'm so excited for all that God is doing over there! the kids sound so cute :) thanks for sharing :)

--bekah