The 2008 Team

The 2008 Team

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Lyanne: 3 Things I Loved, 2 Things I Hated, 1 Thing I'll Miss

Hello! I haven't written too many blogs over the trip but now I'm back home and cannot sleep. So I am sitting here (with my mochi ball) and blogging my highlights from this trip. 

The 3 Things I Loved:

1. Our team. Although I loved our entire team,  I think I will especially miss hanging out with our half who went to Nokendai. (Or is it Noukendai?) I know we will all see each other at church, but it's still different. God has definitely used the other team members to bring me closer to Him. I could feel His love from the care and support from this group. I thank God that He put together a team that could mesh so easily, who could go with the flow and just have fun glorifying God in everything we did. 

2. Those little moments. Throughout the trip and during VBS especially, there were always those moments that just stuck out in my mind. There were moments when we prayed during VBS. Mei Ling would pray in English and say Amen and I would automatically look up, because I would forget that Yurimi would have to translate to Japanese. But when my eyes would be open for a few minutes I would see all the kids bowing their heads and praying. I didn't know if they believed they were talking to God or if they were just following directions, but I knew God had definitely planted seeds in their hearts. 

3. The Food. That has to be pretty obvious. We just went to California Pizza Kitchen and normally everything looks really good. But today, there was nothing that looked really appealing to me. And I didn't finish a whole pizza, I think my stomach must have shrunk over there. =) 

The 2 Things I Hated:

1. The Heat. Although at first it was great weather, it got a little hotter everyday. I don't think I'll be missing the humidity all that much either. 

2. Naturally, The Mosquitos. Need I say more...

The 1 Thing I'll Miss the Most:

1. The People. By people I mean, the Tamuras, the Nakamuras, the Kids from VBS & their mothers, the men and women at the Lighthouse, even those people we would see on the train. 
I already miss Kohichi, Shirley & the girls. They were so funny, awesome hosts, and truly blessed by God. I admired the trust and enthusiasm they had for God. God is making good use of his servants. I also need to thank Shirley and Mimi again for playing doctor & nurse on my many bug bites. =)
Even though we didn't spend as much time with the Nakamuras, they still made an impact and will be missed. You could tell how much Richard cared for the spiritual battle going on in Japan. His love for those people as he prayer walks and just itches to tell everyone that Jesus loves them, even when there seems to be no hope. 
I don't think I will ever forget the kids we met at VBS. They were suuuuuperrrrrr cute and I pray that some of them have accepted Jesus as their friend. They were good kids, minus the rowdiness from just being kids. Their mothers were also very kind and sweet. One of the mothers even provided me with some ointment for my bites when she saw them. It helped muchos. I was so grateful to her. I hope that I will see them all again.

When we were leaving Japan on that last day, I didn't feel to bad to be going back home. Being back home now though, I didn't know that I would miss Japan so much. All the good things heavily outweighed the bad and I just Thank God for this great experience and the many people He led us to. Thank you to everyone who prayed and supported us!

Arigato!
Lyanne

No comments: